Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A couple weeks ago a gentleman came in looking for a Tubus brand bicycle rack. He found our store on the Tubus website, because, well, we are a dealer. He walked out with a Surly Long Haul Trucker bicycle outfitted with two Surly Nice Racks, fenders and the sweetest lighting system ever. I want to talk about the light system, and I can, because this is my blog. I laced a new rim to a Schmidt Nabendynamo Son 28 hub. I have this hub on two of my bikes and on my wife's Bleriot. They are bombproof and they have only a nominal amount of drag when the lights are switched off. The system is not much if any heavier than a rechargeable battery and light system, but it is much more dependable, and, with an led light the illumination is competitive with all but the most expensive battery powered systems out there. So, even 24 hour cross country racers are using it. This customer had us wire a Schmidt Edelux headlight and a B&M DToplight taillight to the hub. Not every shop can say they have a Tufts University man working in their shop. This had better work Ryan!
Mounted on the fork crown brake bolt hole.







Peter White Cycles imports these and other fine lights. We buy from him and are able to charge the same retail prices, so, if you live near Boise and want to keep your money in the local economy, give us a call. 208-336-5229

No comments:

Post a Comment