Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Accentuate The Positive!

We went to see Steve Earle at the Egyptian Theater last week. He is a powerhouse. He played without stopping for over two hours. He said that he records a lot and tours a lot, and this year, fewer people are coming out to the shows. A sign of the times. He made a point to thank everybody who was there and to say how much he appreciated every ticket.

I was going over my customer reports this morning and I realized that I have a number of customers who have been in dozens of times and who have spent a significant amount of money over the last year and a half. I want to take this opportunity to thank them. I appreciate the time they take out of their day to come down here. I appreciate every dollar they spend during the worst economic downturn in a lifetime.

Even though they may be able to get things for less money on line or from some other source, they realize the real, long term cost to them may actually be less. For example, a person who has spent some time and money in my store will probably get that rack or set of fenders or dynamo light kit installed for free. Their bikes should get priority when they need service. (I'll work on that ;-) We are usually able to foresee compatability issues, and if we make a mistake in that regard, we will fix it. We take care of warranty issues with manufacturers for all our customers. We issue a punch card when a customer buys $50.00 worth of parts or accessories, and they get a punch for each $50.00 spent at one time. After 10 punches they get a $40.00 discount on the next $50.00 purchase. This amounts to an 8% discount for loyal customers.

You know who you are. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment