Sunday, January 24, 2010

Monetize!!!!

I've added a widget! I'm so proud of myself. (actually, I have added two) The other day I signed up for a daily cartoon from Gapingvoid.com. I just added a widget for  Bicycle Touring Pro dot com. This is a good site for information and articles about traveling by bicycle. There is also a store where visitors can purchase items related to bicycle touring..... books, panniers, rack top bags, mirrors, etc.

If you click on the Bicycle Touring Pro link or on the widget over on the side here, you will be directed to that site. If you purchase something there, I will get a commission! Pretty cool, yes? At first glance that seems like a conflict, since I sell bike stuff too. But BTP generally sells different products or brands than I do, except for Brooks saddles. But a person can buy a Brooks saddle from a number of sources and if you are reading this, and need a Brooks saddle, you should buy one from me anyway!

I am doing this for two reasons. First, there is a lot of good information already out there on the internets, so why re-invent the wheel? The second reason is to try to make some money. Yes, I said it. I am doing this blog to promote my bike shop in order to make more money. Making money is a good thing.

So, if all seven of the people reading this blog buy something after clicking on the link, I may be able to buy some beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment